Never shy away from incorporating pumpkin into fall cooking, especially in savory dishes. The epitome of a fall casserole—layers of pumpkin, cheese, and bacon meld together perfectly for a taste of the season in every bite.
Ingredients: For the pumpkin sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
15 ounces pumpkin puree
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
¼ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoon rubbed sage
Ingredients: For the pasta
1 pound pasta
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup cooked bacon, crumbled
1 cup mozzarella cheese
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
Parsley, for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. For the sauce: puree the garlic, pumpkin, chicken broth, milk, olive oil, salt, sage, nutmeg, and pepper in a blender until smooth.
3. Cook the pasta according to package directions, stopping slightly early so the pasta can finish cooking in the oven. Drain, and set aside. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil and add the chicken, cooking for 10–15 minutes, or until no longer pink.
4. Remove from the water, and shred. Toss the cooked pasta, chicken, and bacon with the pumpkin sauce, and ½ cup of the cheeses.
5. Transfer to a greased 9”x 13” baking dish, top with remaining cheese, and cover with greased foil to prevent sticking.
6. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, and let stand a few minutes before serving.
This article was prepared by ReminderMedia.
LPL Tracking #1-05305574