Crispy pork, tender vegetables, and potatoes topped with a perfectly soft egg? Sign me up for this Pulled Pork Breakfast Skillet any day of the week.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups Roasted Breakfast Potatoes (or store-bought frozen potatoes)2 cups Pulled Pork Carnitas (or leftover pulled pork) roughly chopped into 1/2" pieces
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 yellow onion, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4-6 eggs
1. In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and spread them out in a layer across the pan. Let them cook and begin to brown for 2-3 minutes and then stir and spread them out again. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook another 1-2 minutes and then add in the meat. Stirring occasionally, cook for 2 minutes or so, until everything is hot and crispy. Remove to a medium-size bowl and cover to keep warm.
2. Add a tablespoon of butter to the skillet, allow it to melt over medium heat and then add the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes, until the onions soften. Add the peppers (and mushrooms, if desired). Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
3. Drain any liquids from the skillet, only necessary when adding mushrooms. Return the meat and potatoes to the skillet with the vegetables. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low.
4. Add a tablespoon of butter to a medium-size skillet, allow it to melt over medium heat. Add the eggs. Cook the eggs until they are as done as you like.
5. Divide the pork skillet between 4-6 plates and top with the eggs.